Expand Your Education
The goal of myCHOICE Education programming is to help you develop specialized skills and knowledge through mini-courses and workshops. Designed and adapted for doctoral and post-doctoral trainees in fields relevant to the biological sciences, our education offerings range from five to fifteen hours in length and are generally held in the evenings or spanning consecutive weekends to minimize the disruption for myCHOICE Trainees’ research activities.
This text placed here for spacing purposes
Requirements and Expectations of Education Participants
- You must be a myCHOICE Trainee in order to enroll in mini-courses. Become a myCHOICE Trainee by completing the Trainee Application.
- Mini-courses are open to all postdocs and to graduate students who have proposed their theses (or have explicit permission from their Dean of Students).
- By enrolling in a mini-course, the Trainee is committing to attending ALL sessions of that course.
- By enrolling in a mini-course, the Trainee agrees to promptly complete surveys related to the course and to participate in NIH-administered tracking of myCHOICE Trainees.
- If you attend all sessions of a mini-course, you are eligible to request a Certificate of Completion.
Previous E2 Mini-Courses
- Alan Alda Communicating Science Workshop
- Biomedical Science and Policy
- Business of Life Science — Financing Innovation
- Communications Bootcamp
- Conquering Presentation Anxiety: Improv for Scientists
- Creating and Selling Your Story: An Entrepreneurial Approach to the Business of Science
- Effective Writing in the Biological Sciences
- Elements of Successful Teaching in the Sciences
- Entering Mentoring
- Entry to Industry Research Bootcamp
- Introduction to Analytics
- Introduction to Effective Teaching in STEM
- Introduction to Emerging Technologies
- Landscape of Science Policy 2018
- Language and Concepts of Business
- Leadership Excellence and Development (LEAD)
- Managing Your Team of Scientists
- Networking for Nerds
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Scientific and Medical Articles: The Essentials
- Science Sketches…the two minute challenge!
- Scientific Teaching Workshop
- SciPhD: Preparing for Professional Careers
- Strategies and Processes of Negotiation
Andrew Kirkley, PhD ‘17, Graduate Student Alum
The myCHOICE program, and the general feeling of positivity towards career exploration that is brings, has been instrumental in all of my job hunting processes and ultimately in my success in landing a job. I can confidently say that this absolutely would not have been possible without many of the opportunities from myCHOICE.