Expand Your Education
The goal of myCHOICE Education programming is to help you develop specialized skills and knowledge through mini-courses and workshops. Designed and adapted for doctoral and post-doctoral trainees in fields relevant to the biological sciences, these offerings will focus on the areas highlighted above. Ranging from five to fifteen hours in length, mini-courses will generally be held in the evenings or spanning consecutive weekends to minimize the disruption for myCHOICE Trainees’ research activities.
This text placed here for spacing purposes
Requirements and Expectations of Education Participants
- You must be a myCHOICE Trainee in order to enroll in mini-courses. Become a myCHOICE Trainee by completing the Trainee Application.
- Mini-courses are open to all postdocs and to graduate students who have proposed their theses (or have explicit permission from their Dean of Students).
- By enrolling in a mini-course, the Trainee is committing to attending ALL sessions of that course.
- By enrolling in a mini-course, the Trainee agrees to promptly complete surveys related to the course and to participate in NIH-administered tracking of myCHOICE Trainees.
- If you attend all sessions of a mini-course, you are eligible to request a Certificate of Completion.
This text placed here for spacing issues
Previous E2 Mini-Courses
- Alan Alda Communicating Science Workshop
- Biomedical Science and Policy
- Business of Life Science — Financing Innovation
- Conquering Presentation Anxiety: Improv for Scientists
- Elements of Successful Teaching in the Sciences
- Entering Mentoring
- Introduction to Analytics
- Introduction to Effective Teaching in STEM
- Introduction to Emerging Technologies
- Language and Concepts of Business
- Leadership Effectiveness and Development (LEAD)
- Networking for Nerds
- Scientific Teaching Workshop
- SciPhD: Preparing for Professional Careers
- Strategies and Processes of Negotiation
Natasha Wadlington, PhD ‘13, Postdoc Alum
Because of your program I got hired by Museum of Science and Industry after the Alan Alda communications workshop, the writing internship landed me a part time job, and the Story Circles communications workshop landed me a second part time job. My career is in transition but the skills that I picked up from myCHOICE is actually getting me a step closer to my ideal science communication and outreach job.