A key goal of the myCHOICE Experience programming is to provide real-world, practical experience in a specific career field. Internships, defined as “hands-on opportunities of limited duration (weeks to months),” are an important component of this training experience. myCHOICE is teaming with on- and off-campus partners to provide a diverse array of internships that will be announced as they become available. All myCHOICE internships are unpaid and part-time (10 hours per week), lasting approximately 10 weeks.
Winter Quarter 2020 Internships
Application Deadline: The application for Winter Quarter internships is now closed.
- Communications Landscape Analysis — The Morton Arboretum
- Climate Change Communications Development — Beam Project
- Connecting Core Facility Technologies with Research Applications — Office of Shared Research Facilities
- Life Sciences Equity Research — Driehaus Capital
- Science Writing and Social Media — UChicago Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Science Writing and Digital Media — UChicago Medical Center Media Relations & News Office
- Science Writing and Social Media — UChicago Medicine & Biological Sciences Development (MBSD)
- Marketing and Development — Illinois Science Council
Requirements & Expectations of Part-Time Interns
- You must register as a myCHOICE Trainee by completing the Trainee Application. This is in addition to the Internship Application.
- You will commit approximately 10 hours per week for one or more academic quarters.
- You must obtain permission from your PI; students are also strongly encouraged to discuss these plans with their thesis committees.
- You are encouraged to consult with one of the myCHOICE Navigators (Mike Tessel or Briana Konnick) prior to applying for the internship. Appointments can be made HERE. These consulting appointments are restricted to University of Chicago graduate students and postdocs.
- Upon selection for an internship, you will collaborate with the Internship Host to complete an Internship Learning Agreement.
- Graduate students earn course credit by registering for a myCHOICE internship course (50 units of credit). Postdoctoral trainees are awarded a formal certificate upon internship completion.
- All internships are unpaid, volunteer experiences intended to increase your awareness of a specific field or profession.
- If you are not affiliated with the University of Chicago, you are welcome to apply for an internship but unfortunately are not eligible to consult with a myCHOICE Navigator or register for course credit.
Participating in an internship will help you to stand out from the crowd of other job applicants.
Past myCHOICE Internships
These internships are not being offered at this time
- Biotechnology Analyst — Aspire Capital
- Clinical Informatics Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Data Quality Assurance — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Data Commons Bioinformatics Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Development of User Tools for Interacting With Cancer Data Models — Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Education Program Coordinator — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Healthcare Analyst— Flow-Fx LLC
- Science Communication & Digital Engagement — C2ST
- Research: Conservation and Sustainability— The Morton Arboretum
- Software Product Management Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Biotechnology Investment Analyst — Lincoln Park Capital Fund
- Scientific Writing & Grant Development — UChicago Research Computing Center
- University Administration — UChicago BSD, Office of the Dean
- Healthcare Analyst: Osteoporotic Fracture Fixation — Flow-Fx LLC
- Healthcare Analyst: Osteomyelitis Treatment — Flow-Fx LLC
- Electron Microscopy Skills & Core Management — Advanced EM Facility
- Science Communications — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Computational Cancer Research — Tempus
- Bioinformatics Curriculum Design in Higher Education — Graham School for Continuing Studies
- Industry Research Strategy & Business Development — Synlogic
- Science Communications — UChicago Tech
- Project Coordinator — Arete
- Marketing & Communications — Arete
- Marketing & Operations — Polsky Accelerator (LabRepo)
- Biological Sciences Consultant — John Crerar Library
- Clinical Trial Coordination — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Clinical Trials Marketing — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Project Development & Grantsmanship — Center for Research Informatics
- Science Communications & Digital Marketing — Taconic
- Application Development for Medical Device Value Chain Platform — ConnectSx