A key goal of the myCHOICE Experience programming is to provide real-world, practical experience in a specific career field. Internships, defined as “hands-on opportunities of limited duration (weeks to months),” are an important component of this training experience. myCHOICE is teaming with on- and off-campus partners to provide a diverse array of internships that will be announced as they become available. All myCHOICE internships are unpaid and part-time (10 hours per week), lasting approximately 10 weeks.
95% of myCHOICE interns report that the internship influenced their career trajectory.
Autumn Quarter 2021 Internships
The autumn internship cycle is now closed. Please check back soon with updates about our winter cycle.
Finance, Consulting & Commercialization
- Entrepreneurship & Research Commercialization — Polsky Center iCorps Program (note: the deadline for this specific internship is September 30th)
- Biotechnology Analyst — Aspire Capital Partners, LLC
- Consulting, Business Promotion, and Innovation Communication — Helikon Consulting
- Technology Diligence — SmartHealth Catalyzer
- Data Science Intern, Venture Operations — Portal Innovations
Grant Development, Research Support & Program Development
- Digital Media Analytics — Illinois Science Council
- Program Development & Alumni Outreach— myCHOICE
- R&D Research Operations — Discovery Partners Institute
- Research Development Support — Office of Research and National Laboratories
Science Writing & Communications
Requirements & Expectations of Part-Time Interns
- All internships are unpaid, volunteer experiences intended to increase your awareness of a specific field or profession.
- Until further notice, all internships will be held remotely.
- You must complete the Internship Application.
- You agree to commit approximately 10 hours per week for one or more academic quarters.
- Upon selection for an internship, you will collaborate with the Internship Host to complete an Internship Learning Agreement.
- If you are a UChicago graduate student or postdoctoral scientist in the Biological Sciences Division, you:
- Must obtain permission from your PI and the relevant Dean of Students/Postdocs after you are offered an internship.
- Are encouraged to share your application materials with one of the myCHOICE Navigators (Mike Tessel or Briana Konnick) prior to applying for the internship by making an appointment HERE. These consulting appointments are restricted to University of Chicago graduate students and postdocs.
- Graduate students in the Biological Sciences Division only: register for the internship to earn course credit (50 units of credit).
Participating in an internship will help you to stand out
in the crowd of other job applicants.
Past myCHOICE Internships
These internships are not being offered at this time
- Venture Operations & Commercial Assessments — Portal Innovations
- Science Writing & Digital Media — University of Chicago PSD Communications Office
- Academic Conference Planning — Microbiome Centers Conference
- Strategy and Operational Development — Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Research and Image Analysis — The Morton Arboretum
- Arboretum Management — Morton Arboretum
- Business Plan Development & Due Diligence — ConnectSx
- Diverse & Inclusive Biotech Pipeline Development — P33
- Science Explainer Content Development — UChicago Office of Central Communications
- Entrepreneurship & Research Commercialization — Polsky Center I-Corps Program
- Blogging Science — UChicago Medicine & Biological Sciences Development
- Digital Media Management — Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Industry Strategy & Business Development — Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Connecting Core Facility Technologies with Research Applications — Office of Shared Research Facilities
- Clinical Informatics Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Data Quality Assurance — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Digital Outreach Internship — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Development of User Tools for Cancer Data Models — Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Communications Landscape Analysis — The Morton Arboretum
- Life Sciences Equity Research — Driehaus Capital
- Education Program Coordinator — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Healthcare Analyst— Flow-Fx LLC
- Science Communication & Digital Engagement — C2ST
- Research: Conservation and Sustainability— The Morton Arboretum
- Software Product Management Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Biotechnology Investment Analyst — Lincoln Park Capital Fund
- Scientific Writing & Grant Development — UChicago Research Computing Center
- University Administration — UChicago BSD, Office of the Dean
- Healthcare Analyst: Osteoporotic Fracture Fixation — Flow-Fx LLC
- Healthcare Analyst: Osteomyelitis Treatment — Flow-Fx LLC
- Electron Microscopy Skills & Core Management — Advanced EM Facility
- Science Communications — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Computational Cancer Research — Tempus
- Bioinformatics Curriculum Design in Higher Education — Graham School for Continuing Studies
- Industry Research Strategy & Business Development — Synlogic
- Science Communications — UChicago Tech
- Project Coordinator — Arete
- Marketing & Communications — Arete
- Marketing & Operations — Polsky Accelerator (LabRepo)
- Biological Sciences Consultant — John Crerar Library
- Clinical Trial Coordination — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Clinical Trials Marketing — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Project Development & Grantsmanship — Center for Research Informatics
- Science Communications & Digital Marketing — Taconic
- Application Development for Medical Device Value Chain Platform — ConnectSx