A key goal of the myCHOICE Experience offerings is to provide real-world, practical experience in a specific career field. Internships, defined as “hands-on opportunities of limited duration (weeks to months),” are an important component of this training experience. myCHOICE is teaming with on- and off-campus partners to provide a diverse array of internships that will be announced as they become available.
95% of myCHOICE interns report that the internship influenced their career trajectory.
Winter Quarter 2019 Internships
The application cycle is now open! Due date for all applications has been extended to Nov 20, 5 pm. The following internships will be offered:
- Application Development for Medical Device Value Chain Platform — ConnectSx
- Biotechnology Analyst — Aspire Capital
- Communications Analyst — The Morton Arboretum
- Data Quality Assurance — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Research: Conservation and Sustainability— The Morton Arboretum
- Science Outreach — Illinois Science Council
- Science Communications — UChicago Medical Center Media Relations & News Office
- Science Communications — University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Science Communication & Digital Engagement — C2ST
- Science Communications & Digital Marketing — Taconic
- Science Communications — Duchossois Family Institute
- Software Product Management Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
Requirements & Expectations of Part-Time Interns
- You must register as a myCHOICE Trainee by completing the Trainee Application. This is in addition to the Internship Application.
- You will work approximately 10 hours per week for one or more quarter.
- You must obtain permission from your PI; students are also strongly encouraged to discuss these plans with their thesis committees.
- You are encouraged to consult with one of the myCHOICE Navigators (Mike Tessel or Briana Konnick) prior to applying for the internship. Appointments can be made HERE. These consulting appointments are restricted to University of Chicago graduate students and postdocs.
- Upon selection for an internship, you will collaborate with the Internship Host to complete an Internship Learning Agreement.
- Graduate students earn course credit by registering for a myCHOICE internship course (50 units of credit). Postdoctoral trainees are awarded a formal certificate upon internship completion.
- If you are not affiliated with the University of Chicago, you are welcome to apply for an internship but unfortunately are not eligible to consult with a myCHOICE Navigator or register for course credit.
Participating in an internship will help you to stand out from the crowd of other job applicants.
Past myCHOICE Internships
These internships are not being offered at this time
- Biotechnology Investment Analyst — Lincoln Park Capital Fund
- Scientific Writing & Grant Development — UChicago Research Computing Center
- University Administration — UChicago BSD, Office of the Dean
- Healthcare Analyst— Flow-Fx LLC
- Electron Microscopy Skills & Core Management — Advanced EM Facility
- Industry Analyst — Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Science Communications — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Computational Cancer Research — Tempus
- Education Program Coordinator — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Bioinformatics Curriculum Design in Higher Education — Graham School for Continuing Studies
- Industry Research Strategy & Business Development — Synlogic
- Science Communications — UChicago Tech
- Project Coordinator — Arete
- Marketing & Communications — Arete
- Marketing & Operations — Polsky Accelerator (LabRepo)
- Biological Sciences Consultant — John Crerar Library
- Clinical Trial Coordination — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Clinical Trials Marketing — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Project Development & Grantsmanship — Center for Research Informatics