A key goal of the myCHOICE Experience programming is to provide real-world, practical experience in a specific career field. Internships, defined as “hands-on opportunities of limited duration (weeks to months),” are an important component of this training experience. myCHOICE is teaming with on- and off-campus partners to provide a diverse array of internships that will be announced as they become available. All myCHOICE internships are unpaid and part-time (10 hours per week), lasting approximately 10 weeks.
95% of myCHOICE interns report that the internship influenced their career trajectory.
Summer Quarter 2020 Internships
THE APPLICATION CYCLE FOR SUMMER 2020 IS NOW CLOSED.
- Conservation Research — The Morton Arboretum
- Digital Media Management — Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Duchossois Family Institute/Neuroscience Institute Blogger — UChicago Medicine & Biological Sciences Development (MBSD)
- Industry Strategy & Business Development — Chicago Quantum Exchange
- Non-profit Marketing and Program Development — Illinois Science Council
- Program Development & Alumni Outreach— myCHOICE
- Science Writing and Digital Media — Physical Sciences Division Office of Communications
- Science Writing and Social Media — UChicago Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Technology Impact Communication — Beam Project
- Technology Diligence — SmartHealth Catalyzer
- Academic Conference Planning — Microbiome Centers Conference (postponed until further notice but please submit inquiry for future notification of opportunity)
.Requirements & Expectations of Part-Time Interns
- All internships are unpaid, volunteer experiences intended to increase your awareness of a specific field or profession.
- During Summer 2020, all internships will be held remotely, providing the opportunity for those who are not currently in Chicago to take advantage of the opportunity.
- You must complete the Internship Application.
- You agree to commit approximately 10 – 12 hours per week for one or more academic quarters.
- Upon selection for an internship, you will collaborate with the Internship Host to complete an Internship Learning Agreement.
- If you are a UChicago graduate student or postdoctoral scientist, you:
- must obtain permission from your PI and the relevant Dean of Students/Postdocs.
- are encouraged to consult with one of the myCHOICE Navigators (Mike Tessel or Briana Konnick) prior to applying for the internship by making an appointment HERE. These consulting appointments are restricted to University of Chicago graduate students and postdocs.
- Graduate students only: register for the internship to earn course credit (50 units of credit).
Participating in an internship will help you to stand out
in the crowd of other job applicants.
Past myCHOICE Internships
These internships are not being offered at this time
- Collaborative Research Development for Large-Scale Grants — Office of Research and National Laboratories
- Connecting Core Facility Technologies with Research Applications — Office of Shared Research Facilities
- Science Writing and Digital Media — UChicago Medical Center Media Relations & News Office
- Biotechnology Equity Research — Aspire Capital
- Clinical Informatics Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Data Quality Assurance — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Digital Outreach Internship — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Development of User Tools for Cancer Data Models — Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Bioinformatics Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Communications Landscape Analysis — The Morton Arboretum
- Life Sciences Equity Research — Driehaus Capital
- Education Program Coordinator — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Healthcare Analyst— Flow-Fx LLC
- Science Communication & Digital Engagement — C2ST
- Research: Conservation and Sustainability— The Morton Arboretum
- Software Product Management Intern — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Biotechnology Investment Analyst — Lincoln Park Capital Fund
- Scientific Writing & Grant Development — UChicago Research Computing Center
- University Administration — UChicago BSD, Office of the Dean
- Healthcare Analyst: Osteoporotic Fracture Fixation — Flow-Fx LLC
- Healthcare Analyst: Osteomyelitis Treatment — Flow-Fx LLC
- Electron Microscopy Skills & Core Management — Advanced EM Facility
- Science Communications — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Computational Cancer Research — Tempus
- Bioinformatics Curriculum Design in Higher Education — Graham School for Continuing Studies
- Industry Research Strategy & Business Development — Synlogic
- Science Communications — UChicago Tech
- Project Coordinator — Arete
- Marketing & Communications — Arete
- Marketing & Operations — Polsky Accelerator (LabRepo)
- Biological Sciences Consultant — John Crerar Library
- Clinical Trial Coordination — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Clinical Trials Marketing — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Project Development & Grantsmanship — Center for Research Informatics
- Science Communications & Digital Marketing — Taconic
- Application Development for Medical Device Value Chain Platform — ConnectSx