A key goal of the myCHOICE Experience offerings is to provide real-world, practical experience in a specific career field. Internships, defined as “hands-on opportunities of limited duration (weeks to months),” are an important component of this training experience. myCHOICE is teaming with on- and off-campus partners to provide a diverse array of internships that will be announced as they become available.
95% of former myCHOICE interns report that the internship influenced their career trajectory.
Spring Quarter 2018 Internships
The current application cycle will close at 5 pm on March 7th, 2018.
- Biotechnology Investment Analyst — Lincoln Park Capital Fund
- Biotechnology Analyst — Aspire Capital Partners, LLC
- Conservation & Environmental Sustainability | Program Development and Logistics — Morton Arboretum
- Conservation & Environmental Sustainability | Research Development — Morton Arboretum
- Science Communications Analyst — Morton Arboretum
- Public Science Outreach — Illinois Science Council
- Scientific Writing & Grants Development — Research Computing Center
Requirements & Expectations of Part-Time Interns
- You must register as a myCHOICE Trainee by completing the Trainee Application. This is in addition to the Internship Application.
- You will work approximately 10 hours per week for one or more quarter.
- You must obtain permission from your PI; students are also strongly encouraged to discuss these plans with their thesis committees.
- You are encouraged to consult with one of the myCHOICE Navigators (Mike Tessel or Briana Konnick) prior to applying for the internship. Appointments can be made HERE.
- Upon selection for an internship, you will collaborate with the Internship Host to complete an Internship Learning Agreement.
- Graduate students earn course credit by registering for a myCHOICE internship course (50 units of credit). Postdoctoral trainees are awarded a formal certificate upon internship completion.
Participating in an internship will help you to stand out from the crowd of other job applicants.
Past myCHOICE Internships
These internships are not being offered at this time
- Electron Microscopy Skills & Core Management — Advanced EM Facility
- Industry Analyst — Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Science Communications — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Science Communications — UChicago Medicine & Biological Sciences News Office
- Computational Cancer Research — Tempus
- Software Pilot Design — ConnectSx
- Education Program Coordinator — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Bioinformatics Curriculum Design in Higher Education — Graham School for Continuing Studies
- Industry Research Strategy & Business Development — Synlogic
- Science Communications — UChicago Tech
- Project Coordinator — Arete
- Marketing & Communications — Arete
- University Scientific Administration — BSD Dean’s Office
- Marketing & Operations — Polsky Accelerator (LabRepo)
- Biological Sciences Consultant — John Crerar Library
- Clinical Trial Coordination — Institute for Translational Medicine
- Clinical Trials Marketing — Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Genomic Data Commons Ambassador — Center for Data Intensive Science
- Project Development & Grantsmanship — Center for Research Informatics