Aspire Capital Partners, LLC
Mike Burrows, PhD (’15 Immunology), Healthcare Analyst
Aspire Capital Fund, LLC is a Chicago-based investment fund with a focus on publicly-traded, development stage biotechnology companies.
This internship introduces PhD candidates and postdoctoral scholars to our diligence process, which requires critical evaluation of scientific, clinical, regulatory, and financial information. Associates will work in teams on a series of three-week projects. They will examine specific companies and therapeutic development programs to determine their attractiveness for investment. They will present their findings each week and provide a written memorandum supporting their proposed investment theses. At the end of the mentorship, the associate is expected to independently identify and defend actionable investments.
- Currently graduate student or postdoctoral trainee with a scientific background
- Strong work ethic and interest in learning about equity research in the biotechnology industry
- Excellent communication, writing, and time management skills
- No prior investment experience is required.
- Research drug candidates using scientific literature and public company disclosures.
- Develop specific disease expertise, including standard of care and competing technologies.
- Able to commit ~10 hours per week for independent diligence and attend weekly virtual meetings with the Aspire team.
- One quarter commitment with the option to continue to two quarters.