Professional Development Treks
A key goal of a myCHOICE Experience is to provide real-world practical experience in a specific career field beyond academic research. The trek format allows trainees to travel with a cohort of trainees with similar interests to a hand-picked selection of companies and/or organizations within a single field. The trek is ideal for individuals who have largely decided on a specific career trajectory and are building their professional network towards that outcome.
Upcoming Trek: Business of Science Trek 2019
The Business of Science Trek to New York City will offer senior graduate students and postdocs the opportunity to delve into career opportunities in finance, equity research, regulatory affairs, and healthcare consulting. Participants will gain exposure to a wide variety of working environments and will come away with invaluable contacts at some of the leading companies in the industry. Click here to learn more.
- Regulatory Affairs Trek at Vanderbilt University (Winter 2019)
- Biopharma Trek to Boston (Fall 2018)
- Science Policy Trek to Washington DC (Winter 2018)
- Data Science and Computational Biology Trek to the San Francisco Bay Area (Fall 2017)
- Biotech & Biopharma Trek to Boston (Summer 2017)
- Science Policy Trek to Washington, DC (Fall 2016)
Requirements & Expectations of all myCHOICE Trek participants
- In addition to the trek-specific application (found through the links below), become a myCHOICE Trainee by submitting the myCHOICE Trainee Application.
- In order to participate in a long-distance trek, you must be a graduate student or postdoctoral trainee in the UChicago Biological Sciences Division. Local treks are open to all community members.
- Upon completion of the trek, reflect on your experience and next steps in a short statement (< 500 words).
- myCHOICE will cover the airfare and hotel accommodations related to the trip. The trainee is responsible for daily transportation, meals, and any other expenses.