Professional Development Treks
A key goal of a myCHOICE Experience is to provide real-world practical experience in a specific career field beyond academic research. The Trek format allows trainees to travel with a cohort of trainees with similar interests to a hand-picked selection of companies and/or organizations within a single field. The Trek is ideal for individuals who have largely decided on a specific career trajectory and are building their professional network towards that outcome..
Upcoming Trek: Data Engineering Trek (Bay Area, July 10 – 13, 2022)
Photos from past Treks
What trainees are saying about Treks
Attending the myChoice Computational Biology trek (2019) was an amazing experience because it allowed me to get exposure to a wide range of interesting companies in the SF Bay Area. Through this experience I was motivated to steer my job search to look specifically for smaller companies with a genomics platform. Afterwards I was lucky enough to have the hiring manager from one of my favorite companies reach out so I could interview for a position, and I got the job! It was nice because I had a chance to talk with people from that company extensively during one of the dinner networking events, which contributed to the interview offer. Overall I would highly recommend this trek to future students! Thank you MyChoice!
- Sustainable Materials Virtual Trek (Fall 2020)
- Business of Science Trek to New York City (Summer 2019)
- Regulatory Affairs Trek at Vanderbilt University (Winter 2019)
- Biotech & Biopharma Trek to Boston (Summer 2017)
- Biotech & Biopharma Trek to Boston (Fall 2018)
- Science Policy Trek to Washington, DC (Fall 2016)
- Science Policy Trek to Washington DC (Winter 2018)
- Data Science and Computational Biology Trek to the San Francisco Bay Area (Fall 2017)
- Data Science and Computational Biology Trek to the San Francisco Bay Area (Winter 2019)