Experience: myCHOICE Travel Award
The myCHOICE Travel Award was designed to help trainees attend professional development conferences and workshops. The award (for a maximum of $500) is open to applications at any point in the year. The myCHOICE Travel Award is restricted to payment for registration fees, travel and/or accommodations associated with professional development conferences. Once awarded, the monies are not transferrable to travel to another conference. This funding will not be awarded to attend an academic conference.
To apply for this award, you must:
- Be a graduate student or post-doctoral trainee in UChicago Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, or Molecular Engineering.
- Provide a statement (no more than 500 words) describing how this specific conference fits into your professional development goals.
- Provide a letter of acceptance/registration from the conference organizers; if not available at the time of application, it must be submitted before monies will be awarded.
- Provide an anticipated budget for the conference.
- Receive a letter of support from your PI or Program Chair (if you have not yet committed to a lab).
- Within 2 weeks of your return from the conference, submit a brief report that describes the primary take-aways from the conference.
Please provide all documents stated above in a single PDF and send to Abby Stayart, myCHOICE Program Director: email@example.com