Experience: myCHOICE Travel Award
*Note: The application for the 2018 travel award is closed. Please check back for updates about new travel awards in the upcoming year.
The myCHOICE Travel Award was designed to help trainees attend professional development conferences and workshops. The award (for a maximum of $500) will be available for each of the 3 remaining years of the grant, ending with academic year 2018. There will be two application cycles, ending on May 31st and November 30th.
The myCHOICE Travel Award is restricted to payment of registration fees, travel and/or accommodations associated with professional development conferences. Once awarded, the monies are not transferrable to travel to another conference. This funding will not be awarded to attend an academic conference.
To apply for this award, you must:
- Be a graduate student or post-doctoral trainee in the UChicago Biological Sciences Division.
- Provide a statement (no more than 500 words) describing how this specific conference fits into your professional development goals.
- Provide a letter of acceptance from the conference organizers; if not available at the time of application, it must be submitted before monies will be awarded.
- Provide an anticipated budget for the conference, including an explanation of how other funds will be raised.
- Receive a letter of support from your PI or Program Chair (if you have not yet committed to a lab).
- Within 8 weeks of your return from the conference, you must present elements learned during your conference as part of myCHOICE programming.
Please provide all documents stated above in a single PDF and send to Abby Stayart, myCHOICE Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org