Experience: myCHOICE Travel Award
The myCHOICE Travel Award is designed to help trainees attend professional development conferences and workshops. The award (for a maximum of $500) is open to applications at any point in the year. The myCHOICE Travel Award is restricted to payment for registration fees, travel, and/or accommodations associated with professional development conferences. Once awarded, the funds are not transferrable to travel to another conference. This funding will not be awarded to attend an academic conference.
Special Award: AAMC Learner Summit
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is now accepting applications from learners across the nation to participate in the first-ever 2023 AAMC Learner Summit. Hosted by AAMC’s Organizations of Student and Resident Representatives, this inaugural summit aims to connect learners on topics related to critical issues impacting academic medicine and research, with a keen focus on learner professional and leadership development. This year’s summit will be held June 16-18, 2023 in Washington, DC. Learn more and apply to the Learner Summit HERE.
myCHOICE will fund the travel of two applicants to the 2023 AAMC Learner Summit. Participants must first complete the AAMC application by March 24th deadline, and if they are accepted, they must submit a letter of intention to myCHOICE for a chance at 1 of 2 travel awards.
To apply for this award, you must:
- Be a graduate student or post-doctoral trainee in UChicago Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, or Molecular Engineering.
- Provide a statement (no more than 500 words) describing how this specific conference fits into your professional development goals.
- Provide a letter of acceptance/registration from the conference organizers; if not available at the time of application, it must be submitted before funds will be awarded.
- Provide an anticipated budget for the conference.
- Receive a letter of support from your PI or Program Chair (if you have not yet committed to a lab).
- Within 2 weeks of your return from the conference, submit a brief report that describes the primary take-aways from the conference.
Please provide all documents stated above in a single PDF and send to Abby Stayart, myCHOICE Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org